Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Spark of Stones: New Project


Beadazzled. This shop at the corner of the street, opposite of my apartment, just had an appeal and started to call me. I went through the entry door and dazzled by the sights. Beads are everywhere. Hanging on the walls [no empty walls at all!], in the baskets, in the bowls, in the showcase, just everywhere I turn my head. Beads of Stones, Glass, Crystals, Woods, Acrylics, Silver, Gold, Bones… did I leave anything out? And in such beautiful colors….in all shades and gradations, simply as rainbows.

That’s how I started to create jewelry, well… necklaces for most. I borrow books from EPFL library to learn from scratch, and further on the designs. Right now I mostly use semi-precious stones which are familiar here [e.g. Amethyst, Garnet, Crystal Quartz, Sodalite], combined with any other beads to match. And when I made enough, I started to think of selling it. I know I have to touch up more on the pictures, but you never start if you think too much, right? The first time my necklace sold on eBay with my hubby’s help, I jumped up and down, followed with my beloved Damian who had no idea why I acted that way. He just knew I was happy :). Well, this is one of my hobbies I just like to do in my spare time, and when it turns out hanging on someone else’s collar, it just feels….gooood….

Please click here: Spark of Stones [or link at the sidebar] to see my other designs. Write to me if you’re interested!

6 drops:

neenoy said...

wah... keren-keren dy. ohhh i wish there is a store like that near my house :P

pendant project gue udah selesai, tingkat keberhasilannya 50%. tapi belum sempet dirangkai, dan belum difoto juga. jadi pengen gw gabung dengan beads juga deh... :)

Anonymous said...

wah Dyah.. keren banget, aku suka picture no. 3 yang di ofoto.. interested nih... tapi jauh ya.. :D

salam buat Damian ya..

/yustin

dy said...

Noy... hayoo dikelarin, beads di Indo jg lebih variatif deh pasti.

Yustin... disimpenin satu deh buatmu :) salam balik dari Damian.

Anonymous said...

dy, keren2 semua deh.
makasih ya udah dikirimin satu ke detroit..:) for my belated birthday present. i love the color..:). I bet you're gonna be really good in doing that.
YOU GO GIRL!

umi

dy said...

Umi... I'm glad you like it! Pake ya, kalo ada yg tanya, bilang itu gw yang bikin...hehehe

Anonymous said...

Dyah, again I enjoy every story in you log, so I'm glad there's a Blog so then Dyah can Log !!
Keep it up Dy.. In Baltimore it's true what they say, girls come into Beadazzled door, not easy to get out, they get lost in there!! There's a place in Fells Point called Ten Thousand Villages (behind RTKL), maybe you've been there, they have great jewelry design there, mostly Nepalese i think... you should check check it out, but I loved your design Dy, keren euy...
have the most fun with the beats, Be Dazzled Dyah...(Be logged as well) -daisy-